Who is South Omaha Medical Associates?
South Omaha Medical Associates (SOMA) has provided quality family healthcare in Omaha since 1991. Started by Drs. Fernando and Priscilla Correa offering family health. Today SOMA is led by Dr. Fernando Correa and Ashley Wallen PA-C. We are proud members of the community and are one of the longest established fully bilingual clinics in the entire city. We have helped keep 3 generations of the same family healthy and hope to continue being a corner stone of South Omaha 24th St.
Bilingual staff and education
We are committed to serving our community in the best way possible. To achieve this, we ensure that all our staff can speak both Spanish and English. We hope to create a comfortable environment where our patients can easily communicate with our staff. This includes our diabetes education classes that are open to the community.
INS (Immigration and Naturalization Service) Physicals and Documentation
We are proud immigrants who believe in the American dream and we offer medical support for INS including certified copies of paperwork for you and your lawyer.
- Immigration services
- Immigration physicals
- TB tests
- Medical Immigration paperwork experts
New treatments: Spravato® | Ketamine IV
- We at SOMA see ketamine IV therapy as an adjunct to other therapies for mental health conditions. We will work closely with your therapist and/or psychiatrist to optimize your mental well-being. Our approach uses a low dose of ketamine through a series of intravenous (IV) infusions, resulting in treatment backed by research and consensus guidelines.
- Learn more about our ketamine IV treatments on our page
- South Omaha Medical offers SPRAVATO®. An effective method in treating adults with Major Depressive Disorder (MDD). It is an intranasal prescription medicine, used along with an antidepressant taken by mouth, for Treatment Resistant Depression (TRD) in adults. Treatment resistant depression is defined as the failure of two or more oral antidepressants of adequate dose and duration.
- If you, are someone you know is, struggling with depression that has tried two or more antidepressants with out adequate relief, it may be time to talk to your current doctor or schedule an evaluation to see if Spravato® is right for you.
- Each treatment session lasts roughly two hours during which patients are monitored in a comfortable setting in our clinics.
- Learn more about our Spravato® treatments on our page.
IN OUR EFFORTS TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 AND REMAIN OPEN UNDER SAFE STANDARDS WE ARE MAKING THE FOLLOWING TEMPORARY CHANGES TO OUR FACILITY/PROCEDURES.
We are now able to do some of those visits through telehealth & E-visits so you are able to stay home during the visit. There are some visits where we will need to see you in the clinic. However, we are taking precautions to help keep you and our staff safe. When able we ask that patients remain in their vehicle in the parking lot if you are showing symptoms of COVID or have come into contact with someone who is positive. Please call the clinic at 402-731-9100 when you arrive for further instruction.
These symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
EN NUESTROS ESFUERZOS PARA PREVENIR LA DISPERSIÓN DE COVID-19 Y PERMANECER ABIERTO, ESTAMOS REALIZANDO LOS SIGUIENTES CAMBIOS TEMPORALES A NUESTRA INSTALACIÓN / PROCEDIMIENTOS.
Ahora podemos hacer visitas a travez de telehealth y su dispositivo electronico para que se pueda cedar en casa durante la visita. Hay algunas visitas en las que necesitaremos verte en la clínica. Sin embargo, estamos tomando precauciones para ayudar a mantener a ustedes y a nuestro personal a salvo. Cuando sea posible, le pedimos a los pacientes que permanezcan en su vehículo en el estacionamiento si muestra síntomas de COVID o si ha entrado en contacto con alguien que es positivo. Por favor llame a la clinica 402-731-9100 cuando llegue para mas instruccion.
Estos síntomas pueden aparecer 2 a 14 días después de la exposición al virus:
- Dificultad para respirar (sentir que le falta el aire)
- Temblores y escalofríos que no ceden
- Dolor muscular
- Dolor de cabeza
- Dolor de garganta
- Pérdida reciente del olfato o el gusto
Below you can make an appointment with Ashley Wallen PA-C ! If you have any questions or need help scheduling, please don’t hesitate to call us at 402-731-9100.
I've been a patient at SOMA for a few years now and am happy to share my positive feedback about the clinic! The office staff are always friendly and helpful, and I never leave unsatisfied with the care and treatment I receive. I would recommended them to anyone!
I have been a long time patient of South Omaha Medical and feel that I have developed a strong bond with my doctor. She always listens and explains exactly what is wrong with me and what treatments are available. I sometimes have to wait a bit but I know it is because she is trying to deliver that same quality treatment to everyone else. Well worth the wait- I love Dr. Correa!
New services alert | Clinical Research Evaluations
SOMA is teaming up with Quality Clinical Research (QCR) to bring exciting new opportunities to South Omaha! Come find us during the Cinco de Mayo events this weekend to learn about studies we will be conducting, freebies, and how we can help your family. Who is QCR? Quality Clinical Research (QCR) originated here in Omaha […]
SOMA Sur en las noticias
As a member of the team at South Omaha Medical Associates, I am proud to say that our clinic is actively working to reduce the disparity of Latino doctors in the medical field. We understand the importance of providing culturally sensitive care, and having Latino doctors on staff is essential in achieving that goal. Our […]
Moving forward SOMA will waive all ketamine related consultation fees for our veterans. So what does that mean? If you are veteran and are suffering from one of the following; * Treatment Resistant Depression* Major Depressive Disorder* PTSD* Suicidal Ideations* Chronic Neuropathic Pain then you might be a candidate for one of ketamine treatments. At […]
We are available for you.
One of the biggest barriers to care is availability. We do our best to be open seven days a week to provide you with an opportunity to be seen. Any questions or to make an appointment please call 402-731-9100 _______________________________________________________________ Una de las barreras principales para la atención medica es la disponibilidad. Hacemos todo lo […]
En el local de la 24St. We migrated here 30 years ago. We know what how difficult it can be. Reach out to us if you have questions about your family’s health. Call: 402-731-9100 Call/Text: 531-267-0711 firstname.lastname@example.org We can help you with: Immunizations, Physicals, TB tests, Certified copies ready for your lawyer and the INS […]