What is Spravato® Therapy?
SPRAVATO® (eskatamine) is an effective method in treating adults with Major Depressive Disorder (MDD). It is an intranasal prescription medicine, used along with an antidepressant taken by mouth, for Treatment Resistant Depression (TRD) in adults. TRD is defined as the failure of two or more oral antidepressants of adequate dose and duration.
If you are struggling with depression and have tried two or more antidepressants without relief, it’s time to talk to your doctor or schedule an evaluation to see if Spravato is the answer.
Each treatment lasts about two hours where patients are monitored in a comfortable setting in our clinics. (Due to the side effects of the Spravato treatment, you are not allowed to drive afterward – you must have a friend, family member, or a ride share service pick you up.)
How does Spravato® therapy work?
South Omaha Medical is a certified center for Spravato® treatment. (We cannot give the treatment as an outpatient.) We have a variety of spaces and options available to match our patient’s needs during therapy.
Dr. Correa and Ashley Wallen PA-C are both certified for Spravato® and have seen remarkable improvements with our patients. Our experience with Spravato® and ketamine help us obtain positive patients outcomes every day.
What to expect.
- We will do an initial consultation to review your medications, previous medical history and psychiatric history to determine if the Spravato® treatment is right for you.
- All patients are required to to register with Spravato® REMS program and most likely be subject to a prior authorization from their insurance company before beginning the treatment.
- Each treatment lasts roughly two hours, during which our experienced staff regularly monitor the patients in a comfortable setting.
- Please note: due to the side effects of the Spravato® treatment, you are not allowed to drive after treatment and must have a friend, family, or ride share service pick you up.
Please call or text us during business hours with questions or appointment requests.
- 4828 S. 24th St.
- Mon to Fri - 9:30am to 3:30pm
Sat to Sun - By appointment only
- Remember, you have to have tried two or more antidepressants with out adequate relief.
- All new patients will require an initial consult or will need a referral for treatment.
- You are free to schedule your Spravato® consultation or session with us. Our medical professionals will ultimately be the ones who decide.
- Typically this treatment is billed to insurance. If you would like to explore cash pay options please reach out to us.
- Don’t want to deal with this? Just give us a call instead and we can set it up for you (531-267-0711)
Ketamine Information & Blog Posts
Moving forward SOMA will waive all ketamine related consultation fees for our veterans. So what does that mean? If you are veteran and are suffering from one of the following; * Treatment Resistant Depression* Major Depressive Disorder* PTSD* Suicidal Ideations* Chronic Neuropathic Pain then you might be a candidate for one of ketamine treatments. At […]
We are available for you.
One of the biggest barriers to care is availability. We do our best to be open seven days a week to provide you with an opportunity to be seen. Any questions or to make an appointment please call 402-731-9100 _______________________________________________________________ Una de las barreras principales para la atención medica es la disponibilidad. Hacemos todo lo […]
En el local de la 24St. We migrated here 30 years ago. We know what how difficult it can be. Reach out to us if you have questions about your family’s health. Call: 402-731-9100 Call/Text: 531-267-0711 email@example.com We can help you with: Immunizations, Physicals, TB tests, Certified copies ready for your lawyer and the INS […]
Come to SOMA and heal in comfort. Our ketamine patient’s only focus should be their treatment. To facilitate your healing, we offer fresh water, snuggly blankets, and private rooms equipped with TVs and speakers. If you have any questions please reach out to us. 531-267-0711
NEW LOCATION COMING SOON!
It has taken us a long time to get here but we are proud to announce that after 15 years we will have a second location again! Ashley Wallen PA and Dr Priscilla Correa will be helping us lead our new SOMA WEST branch located at 14436 West Center Rd. Our clinic will focus on […]
Ketamine Therapy is a great option
South Omaha Medical offers Ketamine IV, intranasal and Spravato treatments for patients suffering from;* Treatment Resistant Depression* Major Depressive Disorder* PTSD* Suicidal Ideations* Chronic Neuropathic Pain If you suffer from one or more of these conditions please reach out to us. 531-267-0711 ———————————————————————— South Omaha Medical ofrece tratamientos con Ketamina IV, intranasal y de Spravato […]